Welcome to the new IFITT website designed for knowledge sharing and creation in eTourism
We’re excited to share some important news with you. After months of planning and development, we’re unveiling the new IFITT website and community platform. With the new, more-user friendly platform travel and tourism ICT knowledge generation and sharing will become easier.
Here’s what’s new:
Streamlined Design: The IFITT website has been revamped for ease of use, allowing you to quickly access the resources and information you need. However, the work is never finished, and we will keep developing the site. If you see bugs or experience broken functionalities, please let us know at [email protected]
Community Hub: You can now connect with fellow members, share insights, and participate in meaningful discussions that drive our field forward in members-only discussion boards. This is what the Hub enables you to do:
- If you have just published research within the field of ICTs and tourism, you now can post your paper to our forums in the section eTourism Knowledge for greater impact. We will help to share the news through IFITT social media and other communication channels.
- You will now be able to access IFITT board meeting minutes. All board meeting minutes will be uploaded to the membership forum. You can also discuss and ask the board questions regarding the board meetings. The goal is to increase transparency and interaction in the organization and show the members what the board is doing.
- If you want to share something with our community, you have a direct line of communication with the Hub. Currently, we have more than 1300 people subscribing to our newsletter. If you want to reach our global community, just add your content to the newsletter section on the discussion boards and we will feature it as a section of our monthly newsletter. Topics added to the newsletter will also be shared through the News section on the IFITT webpage.
- If you want to find project partners or collaborations, engage with the discussion within the Hub designed for this. This will enable you to network with the community through the discussion boards.
- If you are looking for a job or have an open position, add the information to the discussion boards for our community to find it.
- Something else? Let us know!
Exclusive Content: From webinars to research articles, gain access to member-only content tailored to your interests. You can find all the IFITT content from the membership forums as well.
Organize events and webinars easily: IFITT offers its members a unique way to share knowledge and discuss current issues in the field. All our members now have access to an event creation survey link in the membership area.
Stay Updated: Our integrated events calendar and news ensure you’re always informed about upcoming IFITT events and the latest news.
We believe this new platform will enhance your IFITT experience and provide valuable opportunities for networking, learning, and growth. The IFITT board would like to thank all IFITT members who are with us on this journey. We look forward to this next chapter with you. If you are not yet a member, you can join IFITT here.